Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lolita in Hollywood

My mind is all over the place today. All over. It has been a very long time since my head has ached from thinking with my heart and writing and communicating between research. Way beyond functioning and definitely high-level.

Last night 'Singles' was on and I caught enough to remind myself of 1992 Seattle and the head space of a generation born in 69. Amusing and sad.

I think Norway was some part of what this post was supposed to be but the emotion has gone out of it. 'Jo Nesbo' and 'Nemesis' is the book you want to pick up if Larsson's 'Girl' trilogy is an act you want another taste of. Not the same but more satisfying than Mankell and better than 'Indridason' unless Scandinavian angst is your fix. Norway how could this not make sense to me and what was I thinking? One thing leads to another and 'pop' Liv Ullmann. Born in 1938 there are still traces of her beauty in her face. What a talent.

Russia was also on my mind. Tangents again.

No comments:

Post a Comment